Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Okay, I know it's my second post in one hour, but I just remembered I said I would tally my layouts and completed projects for the month of June. I wanted to post the last of the layouts for the month, even though it's out of order. I skipped Challenge #46 for the moment, so here's Challenge #47: Title and/or journaling on a main photo + 4 patterned papers + 7 flowers. I used the June kit from zanyzinnias.com again. Start Here, With Stacy - Assignment #1: create a layout that features at least 3 photos (taken at different times) that illustrate a particular personality trait in someone you love. Use sticker (or) chipboard letters. I did not take the whole assignment literally, rather as a starting point, so the rest of the challenge doesn't really matter here. I highlighted my sister's uncanny nature to not allow candid photos of herself to be taken.



Start Here, With Stacy - Assignment #2: Find a heritage photo that you know very little about. Use rub-ons over paper and photo. Attach ribbon to photo. The rest of the challenge I disregarded again, as it's my habit to try to make things my own if they don't fit. I journaled about all the things I could tell of my Nana's teenage years based on this photo alone, because I don't know any other details. She's the one on the right, holding the fishing pole and the soda. This photo was probably taken sometime in the 1950s. This was the June Zany Zinnia kit again. I made the butterflies using the newsprint paper bag (see the card I made for the SRM sketch challenge for more of this paper) and the Martha Stewart butterfly punch (love that thing!), and two adhesive pearls. I stapled the ribbon onto the photo. Don't worry, it's a reprint, not an original photo! :)

So my final tally for the month of June is as follows: HMITM 22-45, 47, 135 (25 layouts) + BPS A Baker's Dozen 13 layouts, egg carton, sketches booklet (15 layouts/projects) + SRM Card Sketch Challenge (1 project) + BPS Start Here, With Stacy (2 layouts) = 43 layouts/projects completed, and that's not counting the things I've been making for my new etsy shop. I'll wait until I have them posted in the shop to count them as completed. There. Now June is complete. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment