Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The missing page has been found! I didn't even know it had been missing. I just now found it behind my computer and decided I'd better upload it right away since it has been about a month already! Here is Challenge #45: 1 patterned paper + 8 types of embellishments + journal in the first person + reveal something about yourself + you are the subject. I like this layout. I used products from the December 2009 Scarlet Lime kit and my trusty white pen. The flowers were cut from one of the patterned papers in the kit. This brings my tally for June up by one. No layouts for July. I've been super busy, haven't really had any down time, even with my insomnia overflow. However, the first week of August I'll be taking about a week to visit family and I have set a goal to complete 50 challenges while I'm gone. I am visiting someone who also likes to scrapbook. How will I do this?
1. Write down the challenges I'll be completing (#46 and #48-96), and then form a master list of supplies to pull from stash. This list will look something like this: 96 paper scraps, 42 flowers, 88 buttons, 50 ribbons, 115 brads/eyelets, 18 rub-on phrases, etc.
2. print and organize the photos for all 50 challenges.
3. select background cardstock for each challenge (whether it's one page or two pages), and slip each into a page protector with the photos in my staging binder in order by challenge.
4. pull all the items in my list from my stash, substituting only if absolutely necessary (I try to keep things easy here. I choose a variety of colors and patterns and textures, but I try not to throw in anything that doesn't look like it could go with very many things. I try to stay away from themed items for this part, unless it's on my list).
5. I flip through my challenges one at a time and add in as much as I can. Some things will have to be done separately before the trip, such as choosing titles and title elements, stamping images, etc, and other things will have to wait until I get back, such as stitching, adding stickles, and the like. I'll take my basic tools, but I'd like to travel light.
6. When I start working on the challenges, I'll have everything gathered together in the page protectors, and the finished layouts will be protected in the same page protectors until I get back home.
7. If I finish all 50 challenges and have leftover supplies (scraps of paper, most likely) I will make embellishments and cards.
That other project I've been working on, well, I've had to put aside most projects to prepare for this trip. Hopefully I'll get back to it next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment