Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Another handful of layouts for older HMITM challenges. I'm slowly getting them all uploaded. I still have 5 more layouts to upload that are finished, and the new challenge was just released yesterday, so I'll be working on that as well. I've been taking a BPS (Big Picture Scrapbooking) class all month, and Wednesday is the last day :(. I have been having lots of fun, creating 13 layouts with new and interesting photo combinations. I won't be posting those layouts here, though, because I don't want to ruin the surprise of the class. (It's A Baker's Dozen with Darci D.)
So here's challenge #35: products from 10 different manufacturers + a piece of advice. This guy, whom I love, decided to run through the emergency exit in the hospital, while I was in labor, to let our UPS delivery driver know we weren't home. He hadn't noticed the signs on the door. Laugh. Out. Loud! My piece of advice: Always read the instructions. This is the left side of a two-page layout for challenge #36, followed by the right side: journal a list with at least 3 items (I journaled my childhood playmates, not necessarily my schoolmates) + use punctuation creatively (notice the "@" in the title on the 2nd page) + 1 tag + 4-letter title + 1 type of stitching (I used rub-on stitches in two places) + 5 photos (these are places surrounding my childhood home where I often played with those other kids I mentioned) + 9 arrows (I used white pen to draw arrows on black cardstock and cut them out).
Challenge #37: at least 2 photos of childhood memories (this is my kindergarten/elementary school) + 1 stamped or rub-on journaling spot (located on the bottom photo) + journal about a childhood memory (all the games I remember playing during recess) + 1 piece of ephemera or non-scrapbook item (top left-hand corner has a piece of a yellow sheet of legal pad paper) + 3 different patterned papers + 3 pieces of ribbon or lace + 3 pieces of metal + 3 pieces of plastic/epoxy. I wanted to make this page about the old version of Silly Bandz, the plain round ones I collected back in the 80's, but they are very hard to locate.
This page of my kids blowing bubbles is for Challenge # 38: only circular elements, apart from photos and background. I journaled in the round, I used polkadot patterned papers, and I punched circles out of transparencies and painted the edges white to house the title alphas.
Okay, here's a stroke of genius on my part. The Challenge is # 39: 7-letter or 7-word title + 7 strips of patterned paper + 7 embellishments. Did you catch it? This is my newly 7-year-old son, and I interviewed him about all his favorites right now. The title "I'm Seven" is exactly 7 letters!

Soon, I'm going to be reorganizing all my layouts, just like Ali Edwards did (check out her blog for details). I will be gathering all, and I mean ALL of my completed layouts, sorting them by year or person, and putting them into albums accordingly. I wish I could use binders for this, but I used to scrap in 12x12. Actually, I used to use Creative Memories albums, so I don't know what I'm going to do there. I'll figure it out. My goal is to have an album for each of my kids, plus some mini albums I've already done, an album for myself and another for Adam, and then chronological family layouts in however many albums it takes. Using binders, I've figured I can load 20 filled page protectors per inch of width on the spine, but I am not sure about the 12x12 binders.

I'll keep you posted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment